Monday, January 21, 2013

Already one month!

Look who is already one month old? That went by fast! Luke is a really good baby. He is not overly fussy or anything.  He cries when he is hungry or tired, that's about it. He has had his days and nights mixed up, but not too bad.  The longest stretch he has gone at night is only 4 hours- so that's a little depressing for me. Lol.  The most unique thing about him so far is that every morning around 4:30am or so, he starts grunting.  He grunts and grunts til about 7:00am.  It's the weirdest thing and so annoying for those of us trying to sleep! It doesn't help that he is up a couple other times a night, and therefore I am as well.  I have recently started using ear plugs, and they help a bit.
Everyone asks how Mitchell has done with Luke.  He is great.  He doesn't poke him or try to pick him up or anything like that.  He is really good to Luke.  He's just a naughty three-year old in general! Thankfully his naughtiness isn't directed towards Luke.
Alot of people also ask how the C-section recovery has been.  Well, I tell you what, I would choose it again! This recovery is 100 times better than it was with Mitchell's "normal" delivery.  I know there are many nay-sayers of C-sections, and I myself was one not too long ago.  However, it's been great, and if I'm gonna have another 9lb plus baby, I'd go for it again no doubt!
Although, I will say for all those that may be offended by my opinion- I know that C-sections are not easy recovery's- all I'm saying is that this recovery has been better compared to Mitchell's.  I also know that not every vaginal delivery is a rough recovery, I just happened to have a really bad one from delivering Mitchell.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, he's so adorable! Sorry you're not getting more sleep, but definitely happy to hear that he's not fussy and you're healing well. I'm so happy for you, Haley!

    ReplyDelete