My last post was on Halloween Day...but we hadn't taken a picture of Mitch in his adorable Buzz Lightyear costume yet! For a kid, Halloween and Christmas reign as the supreme celebrations of the year. Mitch is no exception. He talks about Halloween for weeks prior and for weeks afterward. Thanksgiving hasn't quite secured a place in his heart yet. Christmas is absolutely magical for a kid, but unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons. That's okay. I was the same way and I grew out of it. I trust Mitch will as well as the years go by. I hope to establish a solid tradition of giving back at Christmas, but haven't been able to come up with anything consistent for our family quite yet. Anyhow, I digress.
This year, for Halloween, I told myself that I'd let Mitchell eat his candy at will until it was all gone. After all, I was still recovering from the previous year when I held the candy hostage, and had incessant begging for weeks! There isn't much worse than a kid begging for candy every 1.7 seconds. So, my new system worked great. He surprised me and actually paced himself. It took him a good couple weeks to make it down to the last few Jolly Ranchers.
So, Mitch was Buzz Lightyear and an adorable one at that. Luke was nothing. Yes, I know, I will take crap about this for the rest of my life. YOU'RE NOT DRESSING YOUR BABY UP FOR HIS FIRST HALLOWEEN??? Honestly, I'm just that much of a no-fuss kind of lady. My response to these glares and daggers that bounced off me: Why dress up a baby who will be asleep by the time all festivities begin??
Mitch's costume was pretty thin and since we're back in Utah, I was pretty worried that he'd freeze to death in the chilly night air. However, have no fear, my jubilant 4-year old RAN from house to house. He just couldn't help himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment