One of the nicest things about Todd's job is that he gets every other Friday off. It feels like a vacation when we get him home on those days! We sometimes have a plan for the day, and other times, we just hang out and enjoy some unstructured time together.
One Friday off in November when the weather was still decent, we headed down to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. I hadn't been there myself since I was a kid. I thought it would be a good time of year to go since it always felt like the animals slept all the time in the heat of the summer. Turns out, animals are tired a lot of the year- warm or cold weather. That's okay. There was still plenty to see. My personal favorite was the gorillas. They were playing with each other, chasing and climbing. It was really cool to see that. Mitchell's favorite was the pirate playground! He also loved the snakes and bats. Luke's favorite was the snacks we gave him while Mitchell played on said playground.
 |
| I feel like this perfectly encapsulates who Mitchell is- just sweet. Sweetest 4 year old ever...mostly. |
 |
| Who knew Orangutang's weren't all that huge? |
 |
| This is the only otter that would hold still for a picture. |
 |
| Did you know giraffe's only sleep for like 30 minutes per day? |
 |
| Ladies, it could be worse. You could be an elephant. |
So much fun seeing your new posts. You guys all look so great!! Miss you all like crazy!! Hope you are enjoying the holiday season and I can't wait to finally catch up on the phone hopefully soon!!
ReplyDelete